New to OpenSMC? Like lists? Start here.
In your first few weeks, we recommend you try the following:
- Attend a Meetup
- Submit the New Member form (so we can get to know you!)
- Coding beginner? Start here to learn the basics, and post at least once in Slack’s #new-members to let us know what you’ve started exploring.
- Experienced coder? Choose a project that sounds interesting, reach out to its project lead, and suggest a few issues that you might like to tackle.
- Interested in contributing to non-coding tasks? Check out these roles. If you find one you like, send an email to email@example.com and share your interests.
Want to go above and beyond? Here are some more options:
- Write a blog post for us about something you like about civic hacking, open source, yourself or OpenSMC.
- Attend meetings of local government groups to brainstorm solutions.
- Check out some local hack events or civic tech groups. Then, share out with the OpenSMC group!